Camera Bag: Retro Looking Photographs With The iPhone
We have been a Mac run business since we opened 11 years ago. So when the iPhone came out I picked one up and I love it. I was not very impressed with the camera function of it however until I bought the app Camera Bag. This app simulates the look of different old cameras with fun results. I think when you convert your pictures to one of these looks it actually masks some of the short comings of the iPhone camera.
The cameras in the Camera Bag include:
- Helga – A square format toy camera feel with washed out highlights.
- 1974 – Faded and tinted look.
- Lolo – Vibrant colorful shots.
- Cinema – Dramatic old movie look.
- 1962 – Black and whites with a photo journalist kind of an appeal.
- Ansel – Smooth gradiation from black and white.
Also included are infrared and fisheye which are not exactly retro but fun.
Once you take the photo you can add any of the looks to the photo, save it and then add another look, and again and again ending up with one photo with all the different looks if you want.
There are a ton of photography apps for the iPhone, Old Camera is another that works well. If you have an iPhone make sure you check some of them out. I have included some shots from around the Retro Planet offices.