Top Gifts: Retro Diner & Novelty Coffee Mugs
What do you get someone when a) they already have everything, or b) you have no idea what to get them? Coffee mugs have been at the top of holiday gift lists for decades. And who could resist sipping a perfect cup of joe out of a diner-style mug, or hot cocoa from a humorous cup?
Mix & Match Discounts: Save up to 15% on Coffee Mugs at Retro Planet. Shop Now
From bands to superheroes, from cars and characters to travel mugs, there’s something for everyone. Personally, though, I can’t resist giving sets of classic diner mugs in their favorite colors (white, cream, blue, red…). You could also take it all back in time with the diner Sputnik Mug.
Novelty mugs are affordable gifts that make a real statement. Typically costing $10 or less, they’re a great way to let friends and co-workers realize you know what they like. Whether they use their mug as a pencil cup, paperweight, or a drink holder, it will always be put to use.
Tips for gifting “more” than just a coffee mug:
- Fill mugs with nostalgic candy.
- Build a gift basket that includes their favorite coffee, a few mugs and breakfast cookies. (No time? Retro Planet’s “Get More Out of Life with Coffee” gift basket also includes a tin sign, sugar pourer and creamer.)
- Bake miniature cookies and fill each mug. This makes for a tasty gift from the heart.
- Include a gift card to their favorite coffee shop.
- Give coffee mugs as accessories to a new machine (like a Keurig).
I’ve given plenty of gifts over the years. Pajamas have been returned because of a wrong size. Household items have been exchanged because of the wrong color. Gadgets have been returned because of duplicates. But they’ve never returned a coffee mug. Ever.